COUNSELING & TREATMENT SERVICES
"Breaking the chain of dysfunctional patterns and addictive behaviors passed through generations."
Breaking The Chain Counseling provides online counseling and treatment services for clients in New Jersey and New York through SimplePractice, the #1 HIPAA-compliant EHR (electronic health records) and practice management software.
We provide private, professional sessions by reserve appointment, seven days (and evenings) a week.
- Addiction and Relapse Prevention Counseling
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Psychotherapy
- Family Counseling, Family Therapy
- Family Interventions
- U.S. Department of Transportation Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) Evaluations
We are experts in addictive disorders with decades of experience working with individuals, groups and families. We focus on the whole person, involving the family, treating physicians, attorneys, or any other relevant parties to formulate a treatment plan best suited for the individual and those who care about them.
Through our work with Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), schools, and treatment centers, we have personal connections to the best treatment facilities in the United States (and beyond) and can provide personalized evaluation, referral and case management if a higher level of care is needed.
We guarantee that our clients will receive a comprehensive evaluation and treatment plan involving everyone invested in their well being, as it has been proven that those with family involvement are more likely to achieve a balanced, sober life.
We believe that looking at patterns that were once adaptive and are now dysfunctional, and formulating a plan for change, is the key (see our philosophy) to leading a balanced life. As therapists, we value the human connection and the ability to help our clients look at their strengths and build on them, following a plan to achieve mutually agreed upon goals. The therapeutic relationship is key to affecting any change and we strive to combine our clinical expertise with the ability to form a strong therapeutic relationship.
We are available for individual, couples and family sessions for adolescents and adults, and make local home visits when necessary.
Fees, Payments, Cancellations, and Insurance:
- FEES: Our fees depend on the specific service and provider. Contact Us for more information. General fee range:
- Initial Evaluation (60-90 minutes): $95 - $250.
- Follow-up Sessions (60 minutes): $95 - $200.
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) evaluations are based on individual circumstances. Contact Us for more information about these specialized intensive evaluations for drivers and boat captains.
- PAYMENTS: We accept personal checks, money orders, cash, and major credit cards. Payment is due at the time of service. Our returned check fee is $30.
- CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations require 24-hour advance notice. Cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance are charged the agreed session fee.
- INSURANCE: Clients are eligible to be reimbursed by most insurance plans depending on benefits. We'll work with you, however possible, to obtain an appropriate reimbursement.